 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 376
Re: NQC 2.1 b2 in beta test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 02:48:26 GMT

Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote:
1) The IR tower times out.  NQC should probably do something to keep it
alive - and that "something" should be as minimal as possible so as not to
clobber *too much* incoming data.

Yes, this is why I'd like someone else to implement this. I just want to use
it. *grin*

2) How should the receive data be formatted?  Raw serial bytes?  Raw
packet payload (strip out header, complements, and checksum)?  Should it
actually walk into the packet and only show the RCX "messages"?

RCX messages is what I'm interested in. It might be reasonable to have
several modes.

3) Does this really belong in NQC, or should it be a separate executable?
The NQC command line is getting a bit unwieldy due to everything I've
crammed into it.

Good question. I don't think this feature is out of line with ones that
already exist (datalog, run, msg....). On one hand, I can certainly see the
logic of seperating out the talking-to-the-brick-related functions, but on
the other, it's extremely convenient to compile and download in one step,
and if that's going to be in there, the rest might as well be too.