 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 379
Re: NQC 2.1 b2 in beta test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:06:07 GMT

Not that I'm complaining or anything :) but is the 'listen' feature I talked
about a while ago in the plan for the future?

<snip>
3) Does this really belong in NQC, or should it be a separate executable?
The NQC command line is getting a bit unwieldy due to everything I've
crammed into it.

I think NQC should be strictly a compiler.  It seems like it would be more
manageable for both developers and users if the RCX communication pieces
were in a separate executable.  This change should make NQC completely
portable (if there is such a thing).  This should make the command line a
bit more manageable and leave room for some future growth.

The RCXComm program would still have to maintain OS specific
implementations of course.  The RCXComm program would also be a good tool
for those using other environments besides NQC.

Of course it may be too far down the development road to break apart the
communication and compiler portions of NQC into two different executables.

my 2 cents