 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 377
Re: NQC 2.1 b2 Linux binaries + rpm (was Re: NQC 2.1 b2 in beta test)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:20:34 GMT

Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote:
your nqc packages. I'll probably leave the .tar.gz that way, but do you have
any objection to me including the (HTML version of the) Programmer's Guide
and User Manual in my rpm?

Go right ahead.

Huh. Which brings me to an interesting conceptual correctness problem with
RPM -- you don't have the documentation in .tar.gz format, which is how RPM
wants it. So do I cheat and make my own tar.gz containing them, or do I
cheat the other way and make it use raw HTML files instead of an archive?
The former way seems more logical, but the later lets me correctly specify
the URL where the original is located. Dilemmas, dilemmas....

Probably the sensible thing is to make a seperate doc rpm.