 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 366 (-20)
  Re: NQC 2.1 b2 in beta test

Will this work with the current RcxCC? Or will there be a new version of that to follow soon? -- Mark Rendle Est nunc salvus cessare vester computare Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-110100215...act.com... (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.1 b2 in beta test

Major features for 2.1: Scout support fast firmware download switch statement expressions may be used as conditions NQC_OPTIONS variable The downloads (including a README with more detailed info) are at the usual place... (URL) Baum p.s. The ## (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RcxCC and tabs

"Mark Rendle" <rendle2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fo5y6u.MuF@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) the (...) others (...) for the (...) with (...) I can do that in vi (and that is what I did last time I played with my RCX about a year ago), but (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RcxCC and tabs

alex wetmore <alex@phred.org> wrote in message news:947527538.49673...red.org... (...) Surely if you're a vi-head you could use vi, and set up keyboard macros for the compile and download calls to NQC? Personally I always used to set vi up with the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RcxCC and tabs

I finally pulled out my RCX and Legos last night and played with them for the first time in almost a year. My quick project was to take apart my old adder/subtractor platform and rework it with a rotation sensor inline with the driving motor to act (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New Mindstorms Club!

(...) [snip] Joshua, Why then start another club if there is already an active one on Yahoo? Since I am an active member of that club, I can catagorically state that we aren't snobbish about _any_ robot platform, there are many there that would (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New Mindstorms Club!

Hello all! I'm new to the RCX and NQC, but am finding it very easy, due to my knowledge of JavaScript. I looked in Yahoo! Clubs, and only found one decent-sized club that was still alive. I've made a new Mindstorms club, named Mindstorms Emporium. I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC beta test release policy

(...) goals. In the (...) is to allow it (...) personally support. (...) Ok, what I meant is that open source beta (and other) releases improve the quality of the overall product. I don't think nqc has a stability problem. (...) entire release on my (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC beta test release policy

I'm combining two replies in the thread into a single message... (...) I agree completely that philisophically a beta release of free software should also be free software. I have been cutting corners on this with NQC out of praticality. There is a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC beta test release policy

(...) Whew, I was beginning to sweat there. MacNQC is the only Macintosh based robotics microcontroller software out there (Except for PBForth, which I'm not sure but may need a PC to download it). All of my PIC, Scenix, AVR, 68HC11 and Parallax (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC beta test release policy

oops.. a slight cock-up on my part means that this message is delivered in installments, read this one as a continuation of the one it is in reply to:-) About the source release being "tied to the linux release": Considering the fact that the linux (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC beta test release policy

First of all, I don't think there's anything wrong with not releasing binaries of a beta release, be it for linux or any other platform. Of course, if a large sector of the user base is on mac and windows and therefore cannot build their own (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC beta test release policy

(...) It ain't so.... I use a Mac almost exclusively myself, so Mac support for NQC is here to stay. The final releases of NQC would continue to include Mac (MPW tool), Win, and Linux versions. MacNQC would still be around (both beta tests and final (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC beta test release policy

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dave Baum writes: [snip] (...) Dave! No, please don't eliminate the Mac! I love not being tied to a PC for my NQC work! Say it ain't so! DLC (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC beta test release policy

(...) Illogical yes, but not without its reasons. The exclusion of linux and source from beta isn't really a result of any policy, but just to make things more convenient for me. Here's why... I don't have 24/7 access to a linux box, so making a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC wishlist

(...) The inconguity was intentional. I was going to call it SetDisplay(), but then it seemed like: SetDisplay(1) should set the display to show the value 1. I felt that "select" did a better job conveying the fact that there are 7 different display (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Java API for NQC

I am working for a hardware/software company in The Netherlands and we are in the process of organising a 'build the best robot using Mindstorms and Java' challenge. The idea is to judge people not only by the the robot they build but also by the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RcxCC Editor

Actually, additional to this, it seems to be caused by colouring of keywords. I've turned that off and the problem has gone away. -- Mark R www.markrendle.co.uk Mark Rendle <rendle2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fnv5uJ.J2r@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

(...) Maybe this was already posted: the color coding doesn't work for multiline macros. (because of that, I thought for a while that they weren't even legal in NQC!) thanks /Vlad (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Emulating arrays in NQC

Hi all! as I promised earlier, I am posting the code I've written to emulate arrays. I tried to make it general, but it's difficult to do without compiler support. Right now it implements a 32 items array of 4 bit variables. It can be quite easily (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact