 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 362
361  |  363
Subject:
RcxCC and tabs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:05:24 GMT

I finally pulled out my RCX and Legos last night and played with them for
the first time in almost a year.  My quick project was to take apart my old
adder/subtractor platform and rework it with a rotation sensor inline with
the driving motor to act as a bump detector.  It works great, and makes the
robot a lot simpler.

Anyway I thought this would be a good chance to check out RcxCC, especially
since my father (who also enjoys building RCX based robots) has been raving
to me about how great RcxCC is.  I am pretty impressed, except that I can't
figure out how tabs work in this software at all.  Sometimes when I press
Tab I get what look like 2sp tabs.  Other times I'll press Tab and the
cursor will move in 8 spaces to line up under the last line of code.  Is
there a way to get all of this muck turned off and just get normal tabs
(preferably with 4 spaces)?

I am very impressed with RcxCC but it would be nice to have the option to
spawn a 3rd party editor.  I am a vi-head (vile really) and I doubt that the
stock RcxCC editor will ever have a vi mode.  I'm sure that there are others
who are just as picky about their editors and feel the same way.

I do like the ability to watch all of the variables while the robot is
running though, it makes debugging a lot easier.  The remote control screen
was very handy as well.

Tonight I may give pbForth a go...

alex