 Robotics / RCX / legOS / Search Results: Mac BrickOS
 Results 301 – 320 of about 790.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  BrickOS Talking to Robolab?

Has anyone used BrickOS to talk to Robolab? I really like the Robolab visualization tools and it would be a shame to not be able to fool Robolab into to talking to the BrickOS firmware. I am in the process of designing a simple Fuzzy controller and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.271)

  Re: brickos-0.2.6.10 CONF_DSENSOR_MUX problem

I tried the following program and it seems to be doing something useful with the sensor power. I looked at it on the scope and it generates a regular pattern with 10ms pulses. I don't have one of these sensor mux devices so I can't actually tell if (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.270)

  Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS

(...) You know, I think there's some cosmic law. Just after hitting the send key, I'll almost always realize my question was stupid. Looking at the errors I was getting, I noticed that it was the utilities that you'd already created. firmdl3 has the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.270)

  Re: Modifying the BrickOS source code

(...) Actually, you don't need to do all that. For the last few versions of BrickOS, things are different. The first time you install BrickOS, you: $ cd /brickos-0.2.6.10 $ configure $ make If everything has been installed correctly, you will find a (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.270)

  Re: TIME STAMP for a LNP distributed robot

Hi, The sys_time variable is the basic timekeeper for BrickOS. It is a 32-bit integer that is incremented every millisecond by the kernel. In older versions of the kernel you could access the variable directly, however, in 0.2.6.10 and later you (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.270)

  gcc-3.3 - multi-line string literals

GCC 3.3 has made multi-line string literals a syntax error. (They were deprecated from 3.0). This is very annoying, because they made lots of sense for things like inline asms, and brickOS has lots of them. Below are patches which append \n\ to the (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.268)

  Re: Modifying the BrickOS source code

(...) But remember that changes in the brickOS files and therefore in the resulting brickOS code will allmost certainly crash the user programs. With every new brickOS version you must recompile the user programs that should run on the brick. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.268)

  Errors compiling BrickOS Demos

Hi, I'm trying to get brickos working on a linux box running mandrake. I downloaded gcc-2.95.3 and binutils-2.13.1 and compiled them to make a cross compiler. That seems to have worked successfully. Then I ran ./configure;make to make brickos (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.268)

  USB on winXP/2k problem: cannot download

Dear All, I have installed cygwin, compiled brickOS and tried to download the firmware and software. I cannot make firmdl3 or dll to work: "Error 2: Opening USB" The same error when the tower is attached and when it is not. I can download the (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.267)

  Re: R: Upgrade RCX?

Hi, the board is still under development, do far I dont have any PCB layout. All is done on a prototype board and not all comonents tested yet. A simple port of BrickOS is also not possible, because of the complete different structure of the µC. I (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.267)

  Re: USB on winXP/2k problem: cannot download

(...) Dear all, Sorry. I made a mistake. I had installed 2.5 instead of 2.6.10 of brickos. Now it works fine. Many thanks, G. (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.267)

  PC to RCX communication

I'm working a project to communicate from a PC to an RCX running the current version of BrickOS-0.2.6.10. I'm running windows 2000 professional and I use the current version of Cygwin. The idea behind the project is to create a Java application that (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.267)

  memcpy.c missing terminating " character

Hello! First: Im pretty new into Linux/unix as a sysadmin! I have installed gcc as a cross gcc (h8300): Here is what happens when I "make" the BrickOS-0.2.6.10: ###...### [root@ville lego]# tar zxvf brickos-0.2.6.10.tar.gz brickos-0.2.6.10/ (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.266)

  Re: Modifying the BrickOS source code

(...) If you have installed and built the unmodified BrickOS then you are ready to go. At the very end of the build after you built/instaled the cross compliter and BirckOs source you executed a make command. When you did this you got a whole bunch (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.264)

  Re: BrickOS motor-output: Subject to change?

Hi Dietmar, Have you tried brickOS 0.2.6.10? Code was added to that version to address this issue. Mark "Dietmar Cordes" <cordes@lepomux.org> wrote in message news:3F0A7BA7.207050...mux.org... (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.264)

  Modifying the BrickOS source code

Hey, My friend and I are tring to modify the BrickOS memmory management for a computer Science senior project. I am trying to help him out with it. We are wondering if anyone can give us some information on how we can edit the source code and then (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.264)

  Re: BrickOS installation with WinME and Cygnus problems

Ed, John, and Max, (et.al.?), Here's the output from one of my sessions. I started to follow some of John's instructions (got through the make strip alright, even though it's unnecessary), but I didn't want to go too deep until you people see the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.264)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

Hi Ralph, I should be able to extract the source for the low level driver routines this week. If anyone else is interested, please email me. Note for BrickOS users: it's not simply a matter of plonking the routines into a program. The kernel will (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.264)

  Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS

You know, it doesn't matter how long I wait before sending out a question... I figured out the trouble with firmdl3. I'd assumed the black plug in the USB port was the IR Tower, which I'd plugged in earlier today. However, my wife had been (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.264)

  Re: Varying the output voltage?

This is what I noticed, comparing the two systems with BrickOS One thing that I noticed was at the lower voltages the needle on my multimeter wavered around a little and it tended to steady at the higher power levels All of the readings were taken (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.264)

More:  Next Page >>