 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3288
3287  |  3289
Subject:
PC to RCX communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 20:48:30 GMT

I'm working a project to communicate from a PC to an RCX running the current
version of BrickOS-0.2.6.10. I'm running windows 2000 professional and I use
the current version of Cygwin. The idea behind the project is to create a
Java application that can communicate with the RCX using the LegOS
Networking Protocol, that could be portable and not depend on a specific
operating system. I was wondering if I could use the rcx.comm or java.comm
from the lejos environment. I've had no luck with any type of communication
from PC to RCX using LNP or WinLNP. I'm not sure how you would run the code
from the PC side. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks