 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3289
Re: PC to RCX communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 23:44:41 GMT

It's been a while since I last played with LNP but  I can recall that
it works well under Linux.

The LNP deamon must be running on the PC before the RCX and
the PC can communicate.

I think with windows you still need the LNP deamon running
under Linux something like that :)

This has been discussed before so if you do a search in the
archives  you'll probably get the answer

"Charles Mancinelli" <mancinellic2@uofs.edu> wrote in message
I'm working a project to communicate from a PC to an RCX running the • current
version of BrickOS-0.2.6.10. I'm running windows 2000 professional and I • use
the current version of Cygwin. The idea behind the project is to create a
Java application that can communicate with the RCX using the LegOS
Networking Protocol, that could be portable and not depend on a specific
operating system. I was wondering if I could use the rcx.comm or java.comm
from the lejos environment. I've had no luck with any type of • communication
from PC to RCX using LNP or WinLNP. I'm not sure how you would run the • code
from the PC side. I was hoping someone could point me in the right • direction.
Thanks