 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3331
Re: Modifying the BrickOS source code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 01:32:53 GMT

Michael Martelli Jr wrote:
...and then I do the following things (Step 4):
$ cd /legos-0.2.6
$ make realclean
$ make depend
$ make
$ cd util
$ make strip

Actually, you don't need to do all that.  For the last few versions
of BrickOS, things are different.  The first time you install BrickOS,
you:

$ cd /brickos-0.2.6.10
$ configure
$ make

If everything has been installed correctly, you will find a successfully
compiled kernel file in the boot directory called: brickOS.srec

Now edit the kernel as you wish, then any time you want to compile
a new kernel do this:

$ cd /brickos-0.2.6.10
$ make

That's it!