 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3347
Re: Modifying the BrickOS source code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:23:15 GMT

Thanks to all with the help, I finally got my new News setup info (my original
login wasnt working so I had to re-sign up  but it took about 2 weeks to hear
from lugnet, so Charlie posted some stuff for me).

I am looking at mm.c for my project and I see the variable mm_start and see that
it is defined in the mm.h file but I am not 100% sure of what it defines.

Is it:
a) the end location of the memory -- RAM (i.e. Limit + Base registers in an OS
like Windows or Umix)
b) or is it the where the user portion of RAM starts? (like the Base register in
a normal OS)

I am not sure and everytime I look more I think it is the other one, and not the
one I currently think it is

Thanks a lot and hope I do not annoy you by asking these question that may seem
easy but I cannot seem to understand this variable, even after looking over the
BrickOS site.

Mike