 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 281
Re: legOS make newbe question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:27:17 GMT

I reinstalled everything and I have progressed to the point of seeing the
first-c++.o file and it stops with the following error:

-snip-
C:\legOS-0.1.7>make
h8300-hms-g++ -DCXX -O2 -fno-builtin -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno
-uninitialized -I/legOS-0.1.7/include  -c demo/first-c++.cpp -o demo/first-c++.o

(cd lib; make)
MAKE.EXE: (cd: Command not found
MAKE.EXE: *** [libs] Error 127

C:\legOS-0.1.7>
-unsnip-

it cannot recognize the 'cd lib' command.

If I cd lib from dos it goes to the lib directory, and then i type make again and
it then says:
-snip-

C:\legOS-0.1.7\lib>make
(cd c ; make)
MAKE.EXE: (cd: Command not found
MAKE.EXE: *** [libc.a] Error 127
-unsnip-

so I type "cd c" from dos and type make again, and it then it runs for a while and
says:

-snip-

C:\legOS-0.1.7\lib\c>make
h8300-hms-gcc -O2 -fno-builtin -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno-unini
tialized -I/legOS-0.1.7/include -c memcpy.c -o memcpy.o
h8300-hms-gcc -O2 -fno-builtin -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno-unini
tialized -I/legOS-0.1.7/include -c memset.c -o memset.o
h8300-hms-gcc -O2 -fno-builtin -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno-unini
tialized -I/legOS-0.1.7/include -c strcmp.c -o strcmp.o
h8300-hms-gcc -O2 -fno-builtin -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno-unini
tialized -I/legOS-0.1.7/include -c strcpy.c -o strcpy.o
h8300-hms-gcc -O2 -fno-builtin -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno-unini
tialized -I/legOS-0.1.7/include -c strlen.c -o strlen.o
rm -f libc.a
h8300-hms-ar -sq libc.a memcpy.o memset.o strcmp.o strcpy.o strlen.o
cp -f libc.a ../

C:\legOS-0.1.7\lib\c>

-unsnip-

and then I type cd.. and go through the same process for "mint" and "c++",
what have I set wrong and what do I do?
Iit looks like it can't process the "cd" command properly except manually.

the path looks correct with "c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin" and the
makefile.common and makefile are in "c:\legOS-0.1.7", and the makefile.common has
h8300-hms and \legOS-0.1.7\ as has been described.

I just know it's close........
Thanks for your help.

-Phil

Luis Villa wrote:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Phil Watt writes:

I put Makefile.common and makefile into the LegOS demo directory, Is
this the correct place?
-Phil

I'm sorry it took so long to reply, Phil, but as a non-windows user, well, I
didn't see much in the initial messages that led me to think I could help.

From what I've seen, this is the cause of the error- the two Makefiles
(Makefile and Makefile.common) should be in the LegOS directory, and then edit
the line that starts with "TARGET" to point to the appropriate location. For
example-

#our target
TARGET=../code/tm-and-ir

This should explain both your initial error and then the later library issues,
as they are being looked for in /demo/lib and not /lib. I hope that solves your
problems-
Luis

I hope that gets you on your way, if it is not too late.