 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 246
Re: legOS make newbe question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 01:23:57 GMT

Thanks for all of your help.  I am surprised also, I thought alot of others were
successfully using legOS and thought there would be someone who had gone through
this.

I checked as you said, and c, c++ and mint are in the legOS.0.1.7 lib directory,
and the lib directory is on the path. I have copied all lib files I can find into
legOS.0.1.7\lib (libc.a, etc.) as a despiration move and still no go.

I just deleted all cygnus and legOS from my system.  FRUSTRATION....

It would be nice if someone could write some win 95 installation instructions that
work and are up to date. The instructions at http://www.multimania.com/legos/ has
a link error on the "binaries" Zip file, and all of the patches have filepaths
that are not the ones that cygnus recommends.

I'll try again later from a clean slate.  Three days of trial and error is too
much. I'm going back to NQC.

Thanks for all your help.

-Phil
Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:

Phil Watt  <wattsup1@earthlink.net> wrote:
I've got it making the first-c++.o file now, but it chokes because it can't
find the first-c++.coff file.  Probably because it's not being made for some
reason.  Here is the current make message:
snip--

C:\legOS.0.1.7>make
h8300-hms-ld -T h8300.rcx -relax -Llib km
ain.o mm.o systime.o tm.o semaphore.o conio.o lcd.o direct-ir.o
direct-motor.o d
irect-sensor.o direct-sound.o first-c++.o -lc -lmint -lc++ -o first-c++.coff
--o
format coff-h8300
h8300-hms-ld: cannot open -lc: No such file or directory
MAKE.EXE: *** [first-c++.coff] Error 1

--unsnip

I just know I'm very close, and it's probably a path problem, but I can't
figure it out.  Any ideas??
-phil

Too bad nobody who actually uses LegOS is speaking up.

I was under the impression you weren't supposed to move any makefiles
around, and that you were just supposed to edit the appropriate makefile
(probably Makefile.common) and type make at the top level, but I could be
wrong about that.

The particular error you are getting is that the library file libc.a (.a,
or some other related suffix) can't be found; in particular, it can't be
found in what appears to be legOS.0.1.7/lib/.  Maybe it does not exist, and
you need to do a make at the top level first?  Search the legOS directories
to make sure you can find libc, libmint, and libc++; whether or not you can
find those files should help move you one step further forward.

-Kekoa