 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 245
Re: Blocking IR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:10:31 GMT

In addition to what I mentioned in the previous message, I also set the
sensor input port to active.

Setting it to passive also works, in which case the ambient light level
seems to be around 480-495, and the sensor aimed directly at the IR port
goes from about 430-450 at 35 cm to 400 at 15 cm to 380 at 0 cm.  It is
fairly sensitive to the angle it is facing the IR port, especially at the
larger distances.  I had to aim the light sensor directly at the IR port at
35 cm to get the 430-450 reading.  Moving the sensor maybe five degrees off
gave a 480/495 reading at that distance.

-Kekoa