 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 293
Re: legOS make newbe question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 01:09:16 GMT

You are sooo smart.

I am not sure I completely understand everything you have said in the last two
posts, but if I just blindly type "make --unix" IT WORKS!!!.

I will now go back and see if I can follow everything you have suggested and
see if I can learn this stuff to the next level, and possibly clean it up a
bit.

I am so greatful for your help.  It has been so frustrating, and I appreciate
all that you have done.  Once I can get to a more complete understanding, I am
going to write a list of steps that the typical win 98 user can follow to get
legOS working.

Thanks, -Phil Watt

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:

Kekoa Proudfoot <kekoa@pixel.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
setenv MAKE_MODE UNIX; export MAKE_MODE

Damn, I am too used to tcsh, and yet I still remembered the export.

Make that:

MAKE_MODE=UNIX; export MAKE_MODE

(followed by make)

Again, make --unix should also do the trick if that is easier to remember.

Oh.  My MAKE_MODE environment variable is set in the .bat I use to start a
cygwin shell.  That file has a SET MAKE_MODE=UNIX line in it, among other
things.  I do not set MAKE_MODE every time I start a cygwin shell, that
would be too much of a pain.

Also.  Regarding cygwin, if you can get the HOME environment variable set
to an appropriate directory (perhaps in the same .bat, perhaps as part of
your Windows environment), you can place a .bashrc (or maybe also _bashrc?)
in that directory, and use it to set up bash.  Very handy to know if you
are new to Unix and want to configure things to your liking.  I mention
this because a .bashrc would be another good place to set things like
MAKE_MODE.

-Kekoa