 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *744 (-20)
  Re: C++ for legOS

(...) Cool! I wish I could try it, but I'll wait until someone gets it running on Windows... :-) Les, I like the way you said: "I don't really know what I'm doing with this stuff. I just hacked 'till things worked." 8^) /Vlad (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  C++ for legOS

Hi All: I've got the C++ cross-compiler working for LegOS. I can write & download C++ programs with simple classes, objects, inheritance & polymorphism all working. See this link for details: (URL) find it hard to believe this has not been attempted (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) for creating some documentation on legOS. Sorry that I didn't think about this earlier, but the easiest way would be to just build upon Luis Villa's excellent HowTo!!! The problems are then if he agrees with it, and how to set up the whole (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) well, you could count on me as note-writer for lnp and maybe other stuff. I feel i won't have time to help in the 'orderly fashion thing', as of my experience this kind'a work can get really time-consuming if one want's to get it well done. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Light sensors

(...) I looked closer at the readings, and the readings are okay for light backgrounds. For a dark one, however, the value is only half of the time the right one - for the other half 0x1F0 gets added to it... Anyone ideas why this is happening? (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) Not many, I just begun to think about it. My first idea is to have a site where people could get in and write notes, comments or ideas aboiut each API or module. And have a small team that will gather all the information and write it down in a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) Hello Vlad, maybe i could help a little, do you have any ideas about the actual format and how we could organize things ? BTW, is seems to be impossible to email you directly -- is that intentionally ? --Martin (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

Vlad (...) Yes I am interested in there being some documentation. Unfortunately I am just starting out with legOS so will not be able to help at present. Hopefully in the next few months I will be up to speed and would be more than happy to help (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS documentation

Hi! Just my 2-pence thoughts about the topic... I suppose nobody will argue with me that legOS isn't well documented, as it is now. Considering that legOS is still rather user-unfriendly, documentation is very important. someone said Markus is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS timers

Why don't you use the system timer (sys_time)? With one timer is enough. Use relative times instead of absolute timers... Toni Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fp1BJI.E4M@lugnet.com... (...) timers? (...) handlers (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS timers

(...) Mmm, yes. I was thinking about things like SetTimer and GetTimer, so that wakeup handlers can be used... as things are now (if I am not wrong) one has to directly work with the ROM... /Vlad (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS timers

(...) You nicer than msleep() and sleep()? --Ben (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS does not work on 1.5 RCX

Before anyone replies to my previous message, found the problem. I have a light over my desk and this was interfering with the IR transmission. Turned the light off and moved the RCX a little closer to the tower and hey presto, all OK. Does legOS (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LegOS does not work on 1.5 RCX

Hi I installed the win version of legOS and downloaded the firmware legOS.srec to both my RCX's. The older RCX from a 1.0 set seems to accept .lx files OK the first time after the firmware is downloaded. The new version will not accept any .lx (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  more on the rotation sensor

I did some more experiments last night. My conclusion is that the majority of apparent 2-state transitions never actually occur (that is: the sensor does not actually travel through 2 states between two consecutive sensor readings). The order of the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS timers

Hi! Did anyone write any 'nicer' wrapper functions for handling the RCX timers? Or am I blind and can't find them? 8^) /Vlad (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Light sensors

(...) more light and is working.... Erm... it isn't really working - it exhibits the same 'inverted' behaviour, looking for a white line on a black background... /Vlad (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Light sensors

Hi! Maybe this is obvious for all experienced legOS users - I am displaying the values read from the light sensor on the LCD, and I get values of ~30 for light and ~520 for darkness... This seems very strange - is it the display wrong, or are these (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware startup bug?

I have replaced my batteries without erasing the firware several times. The trick is replacing the batteries one at a time with the brick turned off. You have then several (10 or so) seconds between each replace. If you leave the brick switched on (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Firmware startup bug?

Probably related to the garbage on the lcd that you get when turning off the RCX with a sensor active: if there is a light or rotation sensor or a pressed touch sensor connected to the RCX when you download firmware legOS will crash immediately (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact