 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *739 (-20)
  Re: legOS documentation

(...) Not many, I just begun to think about it. My first idea is to have a site where people could get in and write notes, comments or ideas aboiut each API or module. And have a small team that will gather all the information and write it down in a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

(...) Hello Vlad, maybe i could help a little, do you have any ideas about the actual format and how we could organize things ? BTW, is seems to be impossible to email you directly -- is that intentionally ? --Martin (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS documentation

Vlad (...) Yes I am interested in there being some documentation. Unfortunately I am just starting out with legOS so will not be able to help at present. Hopefully in the next few months I will be up to speed and would be more than happy to help (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS documentation

Hi! Just my 2-pence thoughts about the topic... I suppose nobody will argue with me that legOS isn't well documented, as it is now. Considering that legOS is still rather user-unfriendly, documentation is very important. someone said Markus is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS timers

Why don't you use the system timer (sys_time)? With one timer is enough. Use relative times instead of absolute timers... Toni Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fp1BJI.E4M@lugnet.com... (...) timers? (...) handlers (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS timers

(...) Mmm, yes. I was thinking about things like SetTimer and GetTimer, so that wakeup handlers can be used... as things are now (if I am not wrong) one has to directly work with the ROM... /Vlad (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS timers

(...) You nicer than msleep() and sleep()? --Ben (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS does not work on 1.5 RCX

Before anyone replies to my previous message, found the problem. I have a light over my desk and this was interfering with the IR transmission. Turned the light off and moved the RCX a little closer to the tower and hey presto, all OK. Does legOS (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LegOS does not work on 1.5 RCX

Hi I installed the win version of legOS and downloaded the firmware legOS.srec to both my RCX's. The older RCX from a 1.0 set seems to accept .lx files OK the first time after the firmware is downloaded. The new version will not accept any .lx (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  more on the rotation sensor

I did some more experiments last night. My conclusion is that the majority of apparent 2-state transitions never actually occur (that is: the sensor does not actually travel through 2 states between two consecutive sensor readings). The order of the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS timers

Hi! Did anyone write any 'nicer' wrapper functions for handling the RCX timers? Or am I blind and can't find them? 8^) /Vlad (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Light sensors

(...) more light and is working.... Erm... it isn't really working - it exhibits the same 'inverted' behaviour, looking for a white line on a black background... /Vlad (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Light sensors

Hi! Maybe this is obvious for all experienced legOS users - I am displaying the values read from the light sensor on the LCD, and I get values of ~30 for light and ~520 for darkness... This seems very strange - is it the display wrong, or are these (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware startup bug?

I have replaced my batteries without erasing the firware several times. The trick is replacing the batteries one at a time with the brick turned off. You have then several (10 or so) seconds between each replace. If you leave the brick switched on (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Firmware startup bug?

Probably related to the garbage on the lcd that you get when turning off the RCX with a sensor active: if there is a light or rotation sensor or a pressed touch sensor connected to the RCX when you download firmware legOS will crash immediately (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) That's one of the reasons I got mine. I was trying to make a simple balancer when I built the pendulum I described (with 4.5 degree accuracy). There were a lot of problems with my mechanism, but the overriding problem was that the 0 point (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) which (...) I added code to assume that 2 step transitions were 2 steps in the last known direction of travel. The results were MUCH worse than just ignoring those steps, as the current code does. This seems to suggest that the 2-step (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) I got a letter two days ago indicating that the two rotation sensors I ordered the first week in January are nicely on backorder and will ship in a month or so. This is similar to what I was told on the phone when I ordered them from Shop and (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) I tried hacking something like this into the old rotation sensor code, and it didn't go real smoothly, but is definitely a necessity (I think) if you want the sensor to handle very, very high speed apps. (...) I am. I'm almost tempted to steal (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor mystery solved?

(...) What exactly do you intend here, Martin? I spent quite some time working on this over the summer and in the fall, and had a great deal of problems but also some success. I'd be happy to help you out with my experiences if you have some idea (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact