 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3604 (-20)
  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) Hmm... it doesn't seem to recognize pid_t as a valid type. I have a document of the functions in brickOS that indicates execi returning an int. Which is it? (...) Still confused... I'll post the poignant code: pid_t rowthread; pid_t colthread; (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) To make a thread with BrickOS (I use the 0.2.4, but I think that the method is the same !) You need to use the execi function : pid_t my_thread; ... (function other declaration int funct(int argc, char *argv[]) { // Function that the robot (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  The BrickOS Task Manager

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there's any documentation or example programs detailing how to use the task manager in BrickOS. The only example I have is the line-follow program that somehow uses tasks to 'wake up' when it detects a colour change. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux

(...) If you look into the configure script you can found this line : if ! test -f $KINC/linux/version.h ; then { echo "configure: error: no suitable configured kernel include tree found" 1>&2; exit 1; } fi So the test return 0 that indicate you (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux

Hello! I tried to install the driver for the usb-tower under SuSE linux 9.0 but configure failed with the message: no configured kernel include tree found. I installed the kernel sources and tried again, but the problem was still the same. I heard (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux help

Does anyone have the following precompiled binaries available for download for i386? firmdl3 dll I could really do with them, then I wouldn't need the gcc 2.95 compiler. Cheers, Ralph "Ralph Clark" <Ralph.Clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linux help

Are there any complete instructions for installing brickOS on Linux? The instructions in the FAQ are years out of date. I am very confused what I am meant to be doing. So far I have downloaded and installed these rpms: a.. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random problems...

(...) I found out what my problem was. I didn't seed the random number. This seems to be REQUIRED. (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random problems...

(...) How do you know that it return 0 ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  random problems...

I'm having a problem with the random() function in BrickOS. I keep getting a return value of zero. Is there something that needs to be set-up before using the function? What kind of value does it return? I've seen documentation that says it returns (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Direct Link (was Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues)

(...) perfect! Step by step directions. Thanks. (...) So, now I can use the 'run' button to do other stuff, right? Or, for that matter, I could do other stuff with the On/Off button. After I turn it off (using the code listed), then, I can just turn (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Direct Link (was Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues)

(...) Ok, I'll take a shot at it: 1) Make a new directory in the root BrickOS directory called pgm. 2) Copy the files config.h and Makefile from the boot directory to the pgm directory. 3) Copy your C files to the pgm directory. 4) Edit config.h (in (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Vision command + linux

someone ask me to diffuse my code .... then it's here : (URL) can use it to make your own project. Please read the README and if you have any question mail me nanobapt (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vision command + linux

(...) LOL, thanks (...) I wil try some method to fixe it nanobapt (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vision command + linux

(...) This is a pretty cool technique! I really like the middle picture (movehead2.jpg) just as a work of art. (...) You could overcome this by subtracting out the minimum pixel change from all pixels. So if the entire picture gets brighter or (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Vision command + linux

I've test a new filter for the camera .... In my first study I applied a filter only in one image .... Now I take the "time" parameter ! I make a difference between two image and here is the result When nothing move : (URL) I move my head : (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Direct Link (was Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues)

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Mark Riley wrote: ... (...) All right, this brings up an interesting question. I can use BrickOS well enough to make it do cool stuff, but I really don't know all the cool stuff BrickOS can do... If I read this (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

Mark Riley wrote: [snip] (...) This is easy enough to implement (1 or 2 lines), but raises the question: Should these memory strategies be included with BrickOS (with a config.h flag to control it)? I am sure the educators would rather leave that (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

Understood. In this case, I am thinking that the option should be ON by default; such that a new, less experienced user would not encounter a problem; but an experienced user could turn the option off. // Joe (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

(...) But, it perhaps should default to being enabled as this deficiency has caused some confusion in the past. Great work, Joe! Mark (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact