 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how
 Results 41 – 60 of about 5300.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  The pain of communicating with the RCX

The power of Forth lies in the ease with which a system can be built and and tested both incrementally and interactively. Unfortunately I'm experiencing severe difficulties estasblishing a reliable communication channel between my PC (Linux) and the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ris, rcx, ir, how
(score: 7.029)

  Thoughts & Issues w/ Vision Command

I purchased Vision Command tonight from Target. I must say I'm rather impressed with what I've seen so far. I bought VC mainly for its applications with RIS so that is what this post will focus on. The VC software allows you to film time lapse and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ris, rcx, ir, how
(score: 7.022)

  Re: Question about RIS version differences

The Windows Control Panel setting switches the USB tower between IR mode and VLL mode. Your then need software to send the appropriate VLL commands. WinVLL is one such program. On reflection I think I am in error about RoboLab 2.5. I think the VLL (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.vll)

usb, ris, ir
(score: 6.887)

  Re: usb tower failed in XP!

Since this subject does not match the possible problem, I started a new thread to reflect the more accurate symptom "failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower" (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 6.841)

  failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

PC: toshiba - P25 series model with four usb 2.0 ports, an bluetooth/wi-fi capability, w/ infrared port built in as well. IR Tower : usb RCX : 1.0 Symptom: - communication between the ir tower & laptop is fine... verified with the device manager - (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 6.794)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

I tested with the same installation, IR tower & rcx module with another laptop (by Dell) built with infrared port, wireless network card, but with no bluetooth built in. They work fine... The problem is more and more leaning over to hardware (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 6.784)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

hi, all, I'm going to dig into my big cable/accessories bin to for my powered usb hub tonight. I don't have a pc-usb card though. Bob, please post if your test with the pc card work... -- thank you very much... E ===...=== (...) of (...) tower (...) (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 6.768)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

"Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> wrote in message news:HoMq73.B9J@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) ceased (...) I (...) OK, I have the problem fixed. You may not like the remedy, but it worked lastnight flawlessly. Oh, and the PCMCIA USB (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 6.766)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

I may be stepping out on a limb, but have you tried reformatting the laptop that doesn't work? What about using NQC or the original Lego software to test and make sure its not RoboLab in combination with your laptop that is causing errors. Ok, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 6.766)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

Hi, Nathan, I truly suspect that the issue is the Toshiba hardware of this particular laptop model. I have 3 Dell desktops, 3 laptops. They all have built in usb ports, either 2.0 or 1.0. They all work fine, with the identical setup up, even with (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 6.764)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

(...) This sounds identical to the situation described by Rob Hendrix in (URL) Anderson from LEGO suggested via email that the USB port may not be giving the tower sufficient current. Perhaps you could try a powered hub? John Hansen (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 6.764)

  usb from .java best how

To talk USB from .java, from Linux ff. 2.4.19, Win 95B/ 98/ ME/ Win NT/ 2K/ XP, and/or MacOS 9/X ... ... what techniques are most easy to learn, fast, reliable, and yet arbitrary enough to support a Lego USB IR tower? That is, what is the USB (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

usb, ir, how
(score: 6.231)

  Re: usb from .java best how

(...) Pat, Lejos 2.1.0 includes JNI libraries that support all forms of RCX comms. The PC Tower class interfaces with serial and USB towers. It lets you send and receive standard Lego packets. The send and receive methods support the Lego firmware (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

usb, rcx, how
(score: 6.109)

  Turning power off?

To my dismay, I discovered this morning that the batteries of the RCX were empty. And it's sunday :-( It is possible that I forgot to turn it off, yesterday evening. But aside from this, I use the sequence LCD_CLEAR LCD_REFRESH POWER_OFF to turn the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 6.105)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Ouch, we may be framing the hex differently here, sorry. The only x10 Ping known to me is the x10/18 command op that gets embedded inside of a packet like x 55 FF 00 10 EF 10 EF to provoke a reply packet like x 55 FF 00 18 E7 18 E7, or vice (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, rcx, how
(score: 6.105)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Anyone know more specifically where to read how Lejos frames standard RCX IR replies? Does Lejos even include any .java code that runs on the PC? I mean to be asking how a PC should frame the standard replies from Lego RCX fimware, not how a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 6.102)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) Spybotics uses a new IR protocol for communication between Spybotics devices, but the IR is also has user-configurable and can send RCX-style messages. Here is a sample program that sends messages from Spybotics to an RCX (or Scout): (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 6.099)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 6.098)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 6.096)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 6.096)

More:  Next Page >>