 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 280
279  |  281
Subject:
Turning power off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:15:11 GMT

To my dismay, I discovered this morning that the batteries of the RCX were
empty. And it's sunday :-(
It is possible that I forgot to turn it off, yesterday evening. But aside
from this, I use the sequence

LCD_CLEAR LCD_REFRESH POWER_OFF

to turn the RCX off. Is this correct? Should there be a RCX_SHUTDOWN, too?

Has anybody got an idea how long a battery pack will last, when using only
the RCX, IR transmitter and sensors? This one didn't last two weeks.

Ernst