 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1121 – 1140 of 2193.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) One way is to mount one or more magnets on the underside of the train with their N-S pole oriented across the width of the train (to differentiate it from the couplers of just any old train) and then sense these specially-marked train cars (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains, FTX)

ir
(score: 0.519)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

I just converted my first engine to DCC yesterday and started playing with LDCC 1.01. LDCC is fantastic! Thank you, Mark! I installed an AD330 N-Scale decoder from Model Rectifier Corp according to the directions on Tom Cook's site. At 0.8 Amps this (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

ir
(score: 0.519)

  dllx for liblnp+lnpd uploaded to arthurdent

Hello, i finally managed to get my old 486 back to live and build a little home network to test lnpd & liblnp in a networked environment. As expected ;-), it works perfectly -- with 2400 baud 8-(. Running with 4800 baud, i encountered some (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long, tower
(score: 0.519)

  Re: Communicating between two RCX'es with cable

(...) Why do you want to communicate with a cable when you can use IR transmission ? I think this IR transmission very easy to use and in this case you could use 6 sensors and 6 motors together. May be the use of LejOS is the reason....(I don' t (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

ir
(score: 0.519)

  Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.10 avail for testing

The brickOS team is pleased to announce our next test release. We are heading for our formal brickos-1.0.0 release but anticipate at least one more test release before then. Details regarding how to provide feedback are at (URL) can download from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb
(score: 0.518)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

I had the same problem. Under NT WS 4.0 and same instruction for LegOS 0.2.2. Now I've solved!!! I'm here to explain how. (...) Same problem. I've solved getting back the source to the original version (no more WINNT stuff). (...) I've read that you (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long, tower
(score: 0.518)

  Re: Remote control under linux

(...) Looking at your program, I see that you use code like the following to "run" a program: else if(data == P1) code0=0x91+alt; code1=0x00; send(2); This will only do half of the job. This is a "Set Program Number" opcode, which is the equivalent (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

ir
(score: 0.518)

  Re: Communicating between two RCX'es with cable

Hi, (...) Because I want the IR ports free to use along with proximity sensors. (...) Well, if it is not too much to ask... :-) But nevertheless, LejOS should support some low level output handling on A-C before I could use it... Regards, Martin (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

ir
(score: 0.518)

  Re: Varying the output voltage?

This is what I noticed, comparing the two systems with BrickOS One thing that I noticed was at the lower voltages the needle on my multimeter wavered around a little and it tended to steady at the higher power levels All of the readings were taken (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range
(score: 0.518)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Uhhhh, gee, I just used some extra-long wires I got from Dacta to extend the console over to next to the couch, and plugged it in there ;-) But yeah, I want to get a couple of IR remotes too, for when I take an 8448 to work, and for my future train (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 0.517)

  Re: Transmitting a message from the RCX to the PC

(...) This is a good technique for addressing messages to an individual RCX, and I've used it myself on many occasions. In this case, it is your RCX or NQC program on the 'bot that is "responding" or "not responding" either by taking action or (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.516)

  Re: Upgrade RCX?

(...) Hi Rand, I have started an hardware replacement for the RCX. Its based on an 16bit µController, an Infineon (Siemens) C164 with 128kb flash, 128kbSRAM and 64kb EEPROM. The controller plus the all memory is on a module from Phytec "Dipmodule (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 0.515)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) I don't install them either, and I have done something like 30 motors so far. (...) True, but ONLY if you are just going to use the RCX as a output. You can dial the voltage that DB100's (and most other Digitrax) boosters put out to a exact (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

range
(score: 0.515)

  Re: Does NQC support arrays?

Depending on what the value in the array needs to be you could use a bitmap (e.g. if you want to store true/false to denote the presence of something)... you could then represent the decimal value of the "array" of ones and zeros ... so, for (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, tower
(score: 0.514)

  Re: sending a message from the RCX to the PC

(...) ? If you are writing your own RCX OS, you should know that you can't use original firmware opcodes without the original firmware. What you need to do is directly interface with the IR port, which is beyond me. (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.514)

  Re: remote control and rcx

Chris Phillips's utterance expressed in news:HEL5rn.1DrD@lugnet.com: (...) okay - bought the rc after I had upgraded the old rcx. (...) hmm seems a little embarassing for TLC. I've had ir-devices for many years and this is the least functional thing (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 0.513)

  RE: Multitasker test script

John, I tried to put this part of the code into my test script without the ping word and it worked fine. Yes, I uncommented the line that does not work for you. I'm going to have a closer look at ping...I wonder if it's running out of stack or doing (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir, tower
(score: 0.513)

  FW: pbFORTH

-----Original Message----- From: John Cooper [mailto:robots@jpsc.co.uk] Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 1999 2:31 AM To: Ralph Hempel Subject: Re: pbFORTH (...) Thanks for that, I can't try it until tomorrow because the machine wth the IR tower on is in (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir, tower
(score: 0.513)

  Re: What sort of signals(values) can be transmitted and received by the RCX

(...) Yes. (...) No, integers are integers whether written decimal or hexadecimal (or in binary or whatever other base[*]). What you can do depends on the software you use. The SendMessage command in the standard firmware can send values in the (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range
(score: 0.511)

  Useful Track and Electrical Data

Regular browsers of Brickshelf might have noticed that I added a new track plans section to my gallery: (URL) the 9V folder (URL) there are useful modules such as Curves (URL) and Double Bends (URL) , conforming to various minimum radii depending on (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 0.511)

More:  Next Page >>