 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 85
RE: Multitasker test script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 02:27:37 GMT

John,

I tried to put this part of the code into my test script without the ping
word and it worked fine. Yes, I uncommented the line that does not work for you.

I'm going to have a closer look at ping...I wonder if it's running out of stack or
doing other generally wierd things...

:NONAME ProximityDriver ACTIVATE
  STOP
  BEGIN
    PAUSE
    ping
\ [ HEX ] RCX_POWER 4000 POWER_GET RCX_POWER @ 0= IF STOP THEN  \ this STOP is broke
  AGAIN
; EXECUTE

I also checked into EMIT - it's only blocking because of the stupid IR tower. I have
to be sure that it echoes back the character I just sent, so I don't get confused
between a character I'm expecting (from the tower) or one that I'm not (from the user)

Maybe it's time for a word that unconditionally bangs things out the IR port?

This IS more fun!

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>