 Robotics / RCX / 1604
Re: Power to RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:09:00 GMT

Success! It works now, and gives 9.2 volts according to the RIS
software. You were right, I did have it backwards. Thanks.

Mark Riley wrote:

Hi Trevyn,

From the photo you posted, it appears that you have the input and output
pins of the 7805 reversed.  According to the datasheet, this will probably
fry the regulator.  I'd recommend getting a new part before continuing, so
as not to risk the RCX.

BTW, I like the way you used the ribbon cable to get the power inside
without any modifications to the RCX.

Good luck,

Mark