 Robotics / RCX / 1602
Re: Power to RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 05:54:29 GMT

"Matthias Jetleb" <Jetleb@Netcom.ca> wrote in message
news:3c5b6892.13486264@www.lugnet.com...
[snip]
The only
question is: how much voltage can the motor ports take? I've never
been able to find a data sheet for the MLX1040B to find out. I suspect
though, given that it is intended to drive inductive loads, that it
could withstand considerably higher voltages than 5v, but I've never
dared to try it without more data.

Check out this timely post:

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=17203

If this is indeed the same part, then it looks like 12V is the max.  (Figure
1 of the datasheet is a little confusing, I think the labels Vdd and Vcc are
reversed... In figure 2, they appear correctly.)

Mark