 Robotics / RCX / *5320 (-20)
  Re: RcxCC & Fair Play

I'm thinking about calling RcxCC by the new name of BricxCC (pronounced BricksCC). I'm not particularly keen on it or any other name I've thought of or that anyone has mentioned to me. SdyCC? QbwCC? ArsyExCC? Now that one's not bad. :-) Thanks for (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: lego software won't download

(...) Windows 98. regards, Ian SMith (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

FYI - I just noticed in the component specs from Sharp that the GP2D12 (and GP2D15 for that matter) have a built-in voltage regulator. See (URL) is an external regulator a necessary precaution? Just curious... - Gareth (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New web site

Cool, I checked it out! That Sensor Multiplexer is heavy duty! Good Job, I'm gonna check out the links section now. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: lego software won't download

(...) What OS are you using to download with? Dean (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: power_off()

(...) Mike, I ran into a similar problem when debugging pbForth years ago. Make sure that the stack pointer is saved somewhere in the on-chip memory of the RCX BEFORE putting the RCX to sleep. The sleep function puts the external RAM into a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New web site

Hi, I have created a website containing information on my RCX 1.5 external power adaptor modification and the progress of my 11 way sensor multiplexter. Other projects and constructions will be added as and when I get around to them! The site can be (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

(...) Hi Gareth, I guess the three wire solution won't work. (Not tested it myself) The Sharp GP2D12 have a current consumption of about 35mA-50 mA (at 5V) !!!! Michael Gasperi mentioned that an input of the RCX only give about 15mA. ((URL) techno (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

(...) Thanks. I actually have all your stuff bookmarked already and am aware of your 3 sensor mux :-) What I really want is something simple - like Phillo's design - that is plug-n-play on the RXC. Unfortanately his circuit board is a little bigger (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

(...) Hi Gareth, i build a interface (mutiplexer) using one input for three (ore more with little changes) sharp GP2D12 and a 9V battery. (Actually Michael Gasperi builds it !!!! I only made some changes !!!!) Have a look at : (2 URLs) more general) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  power_off()

Hi I have been trying to get the power_off() function to work, but every time I call it it either hangs the RCX just before turning off, or turns the RCX off and I can not turn it back on. In both cases I have to remove the batteries and wait for (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware 2.x

Sorry, I have already found it in the SDK2 beta, that's available on the Lego Mindstorms website ((URL) next question: This download can be used with RIS 1.5 without mishap, right? Thanks! Da Byte (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New beta of MacNQC

Hi all, I've just posted a new beta of MacNQC. It adds a native version for OSX, updated the compiler to 2.4a4 and added USB tower support for OSX. If you want to try it: (URL) Have fun, Rob Bate rbate@mac.com (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Firmware 2.x

Does anyone have a version of the new firmware (version 2.x) for me? Or does anyone know where to find it? And where do I find the new Spirit.ocx and manual? Thanks very much! Da Byte (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  remote control patch from Mike Zang

I've tried to get Mike's patch to work. Used a fresh legOS installation, applied patch. Compiled fine. But if I try to dll helloworld.lx, dll dies with "cant delete program" error. The -v option reveals, that the rcx sends no ack to the dll delete (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lego software won't download

My lego software (as supplied with RIS 1.5) won't download programs to my RCX. Firmware downloads, settings can be changed, but programs fail. My programs fail, lego's own programs fail. They fail with the original firmware and with teh newer (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

Hi Kenenth, I suggest checking out (URL) for a *really* big list of development options for the RCX. Every RCX SDK I know of is listed there. -albert "kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3BBB3B27.4E75B9....uit.no... (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RcxCC & Fair Play

How about an unpronouncable symbol formerly known as RCXcc? Oh wait, Prince might send his lawyers... What about: SmartBrick VB (Visual Brick)...<snicker, snicker> PbrickCC Rccx rNQCx RcCcX NQC^3 ...I've got more...gimme time -Rob (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RcxCC & Fair Play

Phenominal cosmic power. Itty bitty living space. I get to maintain RcxCC and deal with everything that comes with it - namely the attention of TLC lawyers. I got a nice e-mail today from the fair play folks asking me to change it to something that (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Update to Business 2.0 Article (was: LegOS forced to use another name?)

This update to the article discussed in this thread is taken from the November 2001 issue of Business 2.0. It isn't on (URL) so I thought I would run it through OCR and post it here for everyone to see. LUGNET gets a mention (but not a URL), and the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact