 Robotics / RCX / *2445 (-20)
  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

Matthew Miller schreef: (...) Excellent work! With this release the firmware download finally works for me without errors :-) (...) It might be nice indeed, but with installing NQC 2.2 final it would have be able to delete both 2.1r2 and 2.2a (not (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

(...) Linux build / RPMs available from (URL). I haven't updated the man page yet but will work on that soon. Q: would it be worthwhile to construct the alpha (and even beta?) RPMs such that they can coexist on the same machine with the stable (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

Preliminary NQC support for RCX 2.0 is now available in NQC version 2.2a1. Its in the beta test area of the NQC site: (URL) have been a lot of changes internal to the compiler itself, and RCX 2.0 support is only partially complete at the moment, but (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc) !

  Re: How much RAM is left?

(...) Pfff. As if that could possibly be important. If it isn't an object-oriented client-server architecture in Java++, it can't be serious :-) (...) If I read the source correctly, memory is allocated sequentially, and in my image I've got SOURCE (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: How much RAM is left?

(...) Nope, the memory is allocated linearly from the end of the image. The current image size is 12 or 13K. New dictionary entries and ALLOTed memory are interspersed as they occur. NOTE WELL that there is a subtle bug in the RCX ROM routines when (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  How much RAM is left?

(...) I believe that. 32k of RAM is a luxury for forth. That's another thing people don't generally understand about forth, they way it effectively compresses runtime software. I've heard of ram reductions of a factor of 5-10 for forth when compared (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Has anyone used lnpd succesfully?

(...) Of course, but also currently not very available. But i still would like to fix this problem, or at least find the reason. Sporadically, i'm working or better say thinking about an enhanced version of lnpd, but i think this doesn't make much (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Which terminal on Linux? plus random thoughts.

(...) Umm, I mean cover the tower and the RCX with a box.... :-) (...) No, Ernst's idea has a preamble byte for the transfer, and then the RCX grabs all of the chars and sums them. If the sum is wrong, then it NAKs the packet and the host sends it (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Which terminal on Linux? plus random thoughts.

(...) I missed that. What do you mean by simply covered. (...) No surprise there. I implemented XMODEM a long time ago on a spectrometer. I don't remember the details but obviously it stayed with me. Besides all protocols tend to look the same at (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Which terminal on Linux? plus random thoughts.

(...) I have beta quality Tcl code that sends an SRECORD firmware imge up to the RCX (fast or slow) and has basic terminal capabilities. It also strips comments and whitespace out of files as they are uploaded to reduce the time. I'd like to put a (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Which terminal on Linux? plus random thoughts.

I'm interested in other people's experience with various terminal emulators on Linux. I've been using minicom with indifferent results, probably because it doesn't support delays between lines which possibly overruns pbforth's serial input. minicom (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: make error in Linux build for LegOS 0.2.4

(...) This was one of the first things that I tried but it complained about other tools it couldn't find. It's been a while but I think it had pass1 in the name. Nothing in my bin directory seemed to match. Frankly I stopped working on it since I (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: make error in Linux build for LegOS 0.2.4

Steve morris <smorris@nexen.com> wrote in message news:390EC1B5.416273...xen.com... (...) c++.cpp. The (...) I must have an (...) the cross tools. (...) Try changing the references from <h8...>g++ to <h8...>gpp. Rossz (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Alternatives for NQC Event Support

(...) I'm sorry its been taking so long. I was right in the middle of an overhaul to the NQC code generation classes when RCX 2.0 firmware was posted. This meant I had to finish the re-design before moving onto the simpler matter of an RCX 2.0 API. (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: sensor questions plus

(...) The ROM stuff is documented in Kekoa Proudfoot's internals document, see (URL) for all the details. The RCX interface words in pbForth call into the ROM... (...) It actually *processes* the results of a sensor read by the OCIA interrupt (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  sensor questions plus

You said to keep asking questions. I'm taking you at your word. Questions I've got. o - Sensor questions: Could you explain how the sensor code works? How does it interact with the ROM. Is this (ROM stuff) documented elsewhere? What does SENSOR_READ (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Banging on the tasker

(...) That's my plan. The nice thing about the tasker is that people can write code in a format they are more used to. The same things can be done with event driven single task code but it inverts the control flow. It is more meaningful for most (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Multitasking questions

(...) Ummm, I'm in the process of verifying all of the old scripts I package with pbForth. It looks like HAT is what actually works, and I've managed to change the documentation and not the code. HAT is in the origianl hForth implementation but I (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Alternatives for NQC Event Support

(...) I can't wait. I've been holding off learning anything that might change... Does anyone know when RCXCC will support Scout downloading? Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Multitasking

(...) 90% of my career has been in embedded systems and now I am doing ASIC design. ASICs are the ultimate in multitasking. Every one of those gazillions of transistors looks at its input continuously in parallel with the others in order to decide (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact