 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 577
Re: Alternatives for NQC Event Support
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 02:31:10 GMT

In article <391063A4.5DB224F2@akasa.bc.ca>, Dean Husby
<nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote:

I can't wait. I've been holding off learning anything that might
change...

I'm sorry its been taking so long.  I was right in the middle of an
overhaul to the NQC code generation classes when RCX 2.0 firmware was
posted.  This meant I had to finish the re-design before moving onto the
simpler matter of an RCX 2.0 API.  While I was busy ripping apart the
code generation, I took a little extra time to add support for some of
the RCX 2.0 compiler-level feature (such as local variables and event
monitoring).  The compiler is working and has passed my regression
tests.  What its missing is a lot of error checking code, so its
possible (especially when using RCX 2.0 features) to write code that the
compiler will accept but not be able to generate legal code.  This is
probably going to be the big difference between alpha and beta...alpha
will let you write such code, and I'll clean it up by beta.  The primary
reason to rush alpha out there is to give people some time to play with
the new APIs before I 'finalize' them.  I don't expect wholesale changes
to the APIs, but I would still be receptive to suggestions between alpha
and beta.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com