 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1025
Re: make error in Linux build for LegOS 0.2.4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 16:02:48 GMT

"Rossz Vámos-Wentworth" wrote:

Steve morris <smorris@nexen.com> wrote in message

Unfortunately a new problem appears in the demo directory compiling • c++.cpp. The
problem is that I don't have  <h8 prefix>g++ in my compiler distribution. • I must have an
old distribution or something.  Frankly I don't even remember where I got • the cross tools.
Can anyone help me on this?

Try changing the references from <h8...>g++ to <h8...>gpp.

Rossz

This was one of the first things that I tried but it
complained about other tools it couldn't find. It's been
a while but I think it had pass1 in the name. Nothing
in my bin directory seemed to match. Frankly I stopped
working on it since I had a simple workaround, i.e. comment
c++.cpp out of the demo Makefile. I figured this was
enough to give Paolo feedback on his Makefile changes.

Also I've sort of given up on legOS at least temporarily
because I can't get lnpd to stop giving transmission
errors. If I can't get data back to the PC there is no
point in continuing. I have to characterize the behavior
of my bot with with real time data or I have no hope of
tuning my algorithms. lnp sure looks pretty. If I could
only get it to work ...

What the heck does lnpd do that dll does not. dll works
fine. They both use lnp. I suppose that lnpd has extra
error detection or something. Maybe it works harder on
collision detection in a way that ends up being light
environment sensitive. I guess I should dig into the
lnpd code. Sigh.

Meanwhile I am having fun with pbforth and its much simpler
(and working) communication model. Ya sends the bytes and
ya get some bytes back. I can handle that.