 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1018
1017  |  1019
Subject:
It's time to release some patches for LegOS 0.2.4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 22:27:19 GMT

I've just released on legos.sourceforge.net my patches for LegOS.

I was waiting for some life signal from Marcus. In absence of those
signals, I assume that all is right... ;-)

Forgive me if I broke down something for Linux people, but if I didn't
commit the patches nobody can test them... :-)

Note that I've tagged previous release with "pre-PM-2000-05-01" label.

Some info about the patches:

- Conditional compile for Win32 (NT). Makefiles were modified to avoid
  manual modification using Linux or Win32. Linux compile has to be checked
  by someone that can compile the whole thing on it.

- Utils: new release for code under win32. Now you will be able to use full
  speed with no problem at all on NT, Win9x, Win2k. Native code was
  included for Win32 serial support. Got rid of "unlock firmware" problems
  too.

- firmdl3 and dll now are more user friendly.

- New option in kernel & in dll to set RCX in near/far mode. IR near/far
  is reflected by IR indicator on lcd.

- New option in dll to specify tty.

- New option in dll to specify direct execute of the program just
  downloaded.

- Sensors reading routine is now working... The old one was unable to read
  stable values from sensors because of a missing delay. You will get stable
  values with noise comparable to the original firmware. Needed to modify
  rotating sensor code too (tested with my sensor).

- The battery low lcd indicator works! New battery.c module too for reading
  battery mV.

- Moved some .h stuff for compatibility and modified makefiles according to.

- Now using multi-file version of firmdl3. I think that tt's easier to
  maintain.

Note that directory structure is slightly modified to avoid problems with
lnp include files, so you need to take care of it.

To obtain the latest version you must get files via CVS (explained in
http://legos.sourceforge.net). You can also wait for sourceforge make the
tarball of sources in the schedule.

Enjoy!

Bye,
     Paolo.

---
"I'm not looking for a friend, I'm looking for a Jedi Master." - Luke