 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1023
Re: make error in Linux build for LegOS 0.2.4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 20:06:13 GMT

The problem is in the definition of LEGOS_ROOT. I am in • /root/legos_new/legOS.
In Makefile.common it is calculated with (pwd | sed -e • "s/legOS.*/legOS/i") which ends up
stripping the /legos_new/.   The .* matched more than was intended. Taking • it out doesn't
help because it gives /root/legOS_new/legOS which isn't right eithor. Does • sed support
\\() constructs in its regular expressions? I think the match should be • something like:

s/\\(.*\\)legOS/&1legOS/i

I've modified in:

  export LEGOS_ROOT=$(shell pwd | sed -e "s/\\(.*\\)LegOS.*/\1legOS/i")/

that should works.

Going to commit. :-)

I redownloaded the code in /root/junk/legOS and the above problem goes • away.
I knew this was familiar.  In 0.2.3 I forgot  to (didn't know to?) change • the then
hard assignment of LEGOS_ROOT and got the same error.

That's why in Makefile.common you have:

# legOS root directory autodetection
# if this fails, use:
#
# LEGOS_ROOT=$(HOME)/legOS/

Unfortunately a new problem appears in the demo directory compiling • c++.cpp. The
problem is that I don't have  <h8 prefix>g++ in my compiler distribution. • I must have an
old distribution or something.  Frankly I don't even remember where I got • the cross tools.
Can anyone help me on this?

I can't halp you on Linux, sorry. :-(

Question: Do your patches include Ben Jackson's rotation sensor fix?

Absolutely Yes... :-)

Bye,
     Paolo.

---