 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 305
304  |  306
Subject:
sensor questions plus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 22:29:08 GMT

You said to keep asking questions. I'm taking you at your word.
Questions I've got.

o - Sensor questions:

Could you explain how the sensor code works? How does it interact with
the ROM. Is this (ROM stuff) documented elsewhere?

What does SENSOR_READ do exactly?

How does this relate to the rotation sensor?

In particular if the rotation is changing rapidly how do I make sure
steps
are not missed?

o - IR question.

Is IR full or half duplex?

o - Pregnant pauses

I do not have reliable text download so I have been typing commands by
hand.
Occasionally I get big pauses where pbforth seems to be ignoring input.
For
example I hit CR every second or so after typing a string of words and
there is
a long pause abd then a single ok. Is this normal?

o - Missing "ok".

When I type something that gives an error I get the error message but no
"ok" prompt.
Is this normal? It si disconcerting since I am I used to waiting for the
prompt to tell
me it is my turn.

o - Baud rate.

Is the baud rate fixed by the RCX hardware?