 Robotics / NXT / 806 (-20)
  Re: RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT

Gypsy, you could have a look here - there are two tracked robots (alongside with building instructions): (URL) von gypsy_fly <e_pilobello@yahoo.com>: (...) ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT

I brought in all our RCX pieces for this week's "Lego A.T.V. Droid" class. I figured the kids might want to create a tracked robot or two. I made one myself after several kids struggled to create a sturdy base. At the moment, I'm staring at my (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt interfaces with GPS using nxc or robotc?

(...) I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. John suggested using the IO map before, but I've never been able to get the data I needed from there. So, having played with LEGO's firmware, RobotC, and looking at other options, the only (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Rechargeable Battery Question

(...) Gus, I appreciate the rapid feedback. Off to order an extended battery pack. Thanks again. Brian (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Rechargeable Battery Question

(...) It's the same. (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Rechargeable Battery Question

I am brand new to the NXT world but I would like to purchase the rechargeable battery. My question: Is the A/C adapter unique to the battery or can a train a/c adapter be used instead? I know the combo pack is only $5 more but I have way to many (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt interfaces with GPS using nxc or robotc?

(...) I'm not convince personally that it can't be done with the standard NXT firmware yet but I quite possibly am missing something in my examination of the NXT firmware sourcecode. It seems like the incoming data should be copied into the (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  leJOS NXJ 0.3 released

The latest version of leJOS NXJ is finally ready! For those who aren't familiar with leJOS, it's a full replacement firmware for the LEGO Mindstorms NXT brick that allows you to run Java programs on the NXT brick. leJOS NXJ works with Windows, Linux (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt interfaces with GPS using nxc or robotc?

(...) Unless John Hansen does some significant rewriting of the FW again, I don't think you'll be talking to your GPS via NXC (or anything else based on the standard FW). The problem is that GPS units like to send strings of charecters, while the (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  nxt interfaces with GPS using nxc or robotc?

Hello all, I tried to interface my gps, i.trekz1 solar Bluetooth datalogger, using the NXC. No luck there. Wonder if anyone has played with that at all. (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Colors, LDconfig, etc...

Is there some project to extend LDconfig.ldr to include some recent colors such as Light Stone Gray? Case in point: NXT parts are presently coded in color 383, which works fine with most CAD program but is - as intended - shown as chrome (shiny (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Java for NXT

LeJOS NXJ 0.3 is out! After a long and painful delay (especially for the developers) the new and improved version of leJOS NXJ is finally available. This new version has many new features including storing programs and data to flash memory, a menu (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  New NXC/NBC release is available

I have released today beta 31 of NBC/NXC. Lots and lots of fixes and enhancements. Some of your code may not compile due to fixes that I have made to the parser. It used to let things get past which it should not have been allowing such as extra (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Teaching Bluetooth and Protocols

(...) Sounds like a great way to test. We could probably try the experiment tomorrow. At the moment, the 10 boys in this week's class are more inclined to play "grab the flag" using automonous robots than BT Remote Control. We experienced the 5 pair (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXTasy challenge #3

For those not reading TheNXTStep not NXTasy (are there any?) - I organize a new community challenge over NXTasy forums. The challenge is to build a NXT 'ANT' ('ANxT' for short) which carrys a weight over 1 meter distance above ground. The extra fun (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Teaching Bluetooth and Protocols

(...) As soon as I get ten NXTs handy, I'll be sure to test this. In fact, I may know somebody who could test this (or at least I can think of a place, NI Week, where I might). Very odd. Try this. Establish five pairs, and then establoish a sixth (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Teaching Bluetooth and Protocols

(...) Strange indeed, But, that's what we experienced. I have faith that more than 5 pairs can communicate all at the same time. On the other hand, maybe we used up all the channels. Perhaps like in RC airplanes, we ran out of crystals. (17 years ago, 11-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Teaching Bluetooth and Protocols

(...) ... (...) Just to be clear, you got 5 pairs of master/slave NXTs to communicate as pairs? But if you added a 6th pair, then those two could not connect to each other? That's really strange... Ralph (17 years ago, 11-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Teaching Bluetooth and Protocols

I've reached a goal this summer. Last week, 5 kids got into Bluetooth and made simple remote controls. I provided two simple NXT-G programs, BTSend on the Master NXT Remote Control and BTRecv on the Robot Slave. BTSend uses the left and right NXT (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Introduction of LEJOS OSEK

LEJOS OSEK ver.1.03 was just released. (URL) 1.03 includes a minor bug fix and a new interesting application example which is called NXT GT. NXT GT is a Bluetooth based R/C car and you can control the NXT GT by using PC analog game pad controller! (17 years ago, 11-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact