 Robotics / NXT / 798
Re: nxt interfaces with GPS using nxc or robotc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:35:00 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote:

I tried to interface my gps... using the NXC.

Unless John Hansen does some significant rewriting of the FW again, I don't
think you'll be talking to your GPS via NXC (or anything else based on the
standard FW). The problem is that GPS units like to send strings of charecters,
while the NXT FW wants to use specificly-formmatted messages direted to specific
mailboxes. The only solutions I know of for networking a GPS to an NXT is pbLua
(Ralph has done it, and posted how he did it to his website) and perhaps RobotC
(but I can't remember if that's in there or not). It's something that's been
asked for since... well, since a long time ago. But it looks like for now, it
takes a 3rd party FW of some type.

--
Brian Davis