 Robotics / 7418
Re: Flex Cables (Does anyone have the 8485 CCII)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:39:44 GMT

Thanks Rob,

The type I and II connectors can be seen at:
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/r_flex.html

The flex cables are also shown with the "pssible" lengths for the 8485.  When I
scaled the cable on page 110, I came up with 17.2cm (and it came-up short when I
built that assembly), but the longest one on the above link says it's 16cm from
1991.  There must be longer ones than that.

-Phil

Rob Doucette wrote:

Can someone post a side by side comparison of Type I and II connectors??

I have the 5118, 8485, 8412, 8437, and they all have the same connector
ends.  I'm trying to figure out the difference.

Phil:  I'll try to get you the mm dimensions for the cables tonight.  I have
one 5118, unopened, and I've ordered 5 more from Busy Bee, although I may
not have them for a month or so.

-Rob.

Phil Watt <wattsup1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Does anyone have a 8485 and could give me the accurate lengths of the
cables?