 Robotics / 7333
Re: Flex Cables (was: Does anyone has the 8479 bar code truck?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:55:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Matthew Miller writes:
Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote:
Nope, for some strange reason its not available in the US.  Perhaps some
legal issue (lawsuit and/or patent dispute) is what prevents it from being

I doubt that; it's availble as part of bigger sets (the Indy Storm, for
example).

I had to work thru a Lego Fan in Italy for my first flex system sets. I really
don't understand why there is such a difference in service parts availability
due to region. Then again , Lego Group does several things we don't understand.
If a company understood they had a  viable market(re spare parts orders), and
the company had to close plants and outlets due to poor sales, wouldn't it make
sense to expand the, as yet, unexploited market ?  They have added some items
so maybe they are learning : )). Don't they(Lego) already have a place to get
parts that were left out of sets during packing ? I would think( oops theres my
misteak <grin>) that outlet could be expanded into a full spare parts ordering
office. ok , enough ramblings...
  Have a great day!
      John