 Robotics / 7440
Re: Flex Cables (Does anyone have the 8485 CCII)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 01:36:30 GMT

Phil Watt wrote:

Thanks to Kevin the 8485 Control Center II scans are available and I can finally
build the T-Rex.

I assumed no-one would want to part with these cables, so I found a way to make
my own length of flex cables with 0.065 string trimmer line, making the necked
part at the end with a soldering iron.

My problem is:  The 1:1 length on the scan is of-course not correct and is
scaled.  I tried to measure the printed length of the axles on page 1 and made a
scale factor to lengthen the cable lengths, but it's off by quite a bit.

Does anyone have a 8485 and could give me the accurate lengths of the cables?

Happened to be carrying out a parts inventory of my #8485 CC (*not* CCII) which
recently arrived from DYA France.

Here are the actual measurements of the flex cables -  overall lengths followed by
the lengths between the notches, in millimeteres. The notches are 2.5 mm from the
ends.

4 extra long cables - 180, 175
1 long cable - 125, 119.5
1 medium cable - 85, 80.5
1 short cable - 70, 64

Diameter of the cable is 1.5 mm.

*All these measurements carried out with an ordinary ruler* (Wish I had the Lego
Caliper :).

Also, the cable links supplied are definitely Type II.

Happy building your T Rex!

--
C S Soh

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cssoh