 Robotics / 5051
Re: Fishing for a tasty linkage/gearing/robotic building thread...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 09:56:29 GMT

Michael Gasperi skrev i meddelandet ...

Anders Isaksson <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> wrote in message
Our machine reads a 'program' made by putting small bricks (1x1, square or
round) on a LEGO plate (2x8,10,any). This 'program' is driven slowly (with • the
third motor, a lot of gears and some rubber bands :-) past two touch • sensors
(one on each side) which for the moment just turns the drive motors • on/off,
but eventually we want to have a predefined turn amount.

I realy like the program reading mechanism.  Let me know when you have
photos.  However I probably need more precise turning than this will give.

An idea we have (but no implementation ideas yet), is to drive the program in
discrete 'steps', sampling the sensors during the step, and decide the action.
This would make exact turns possible. The main problem here would be to
distinguish between the square blocks, and the round ones (try to measure 'on'
time?), and select different actions.

With light sensors instead, perhaps you can distinguish different colors? I
don't have any light sensors (CM, remember?), so it's just a guess.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm