 Robotics / 27050
Re: Announcing LegWay, Finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 00:39:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
This robot will balance on two wheels, and can follow a line.  Tell me what you think.

http://www.geocities.com/stevehassenplug/LegWay.html

I think this should be good for now.  This page has links to a couple mirror
sites, so the bandwidth should be ok for a few hours!

Here's one of the mirror sites:
http://perso.freelug.org/legway/LegWay.html

I have the LegWay remote working, but it's a bit rough.  I didn't realize
LegWay could go from a full-speed spin to a dead stop without falling over.
Now, I'm going to have to make a video of that...

Tell me what you think.
Steve

I have dowloaded and installed the code from Steve's website
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/robots/legway/Legway.zip to test out the Legway.
This download has a compiled version of the code, but not the actual code (.c
file).
My son was quite impressed with this balancing robot.  The readme file with the
program downloader mentions that it also supports the use of the Lego remote
control. I have been able to get the Legway to respond to some remote buttons
(motor forward, reverse), but it also appears that the Program 1 - 5 buttons are
used.  Does anyone know what the function is of each button in the program
(example Program 1 causes Legway to spin etc).
Thanks.
Brian