 Robotics / 27049
Re: Ultimate Builders CD-ROM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:43:42 GMT

Jordan Bradford wrote:
The model instructions on the CD are annoying to use since you have to build
next to the computer and click to advance to the next step.

I know what you mean, but it's the same with the 'advanced' models in
the RIS set.
Those don't have step by step instructions though (like the Cybermaster
for example).
Are the ones on the Ultimate Builders CD step by step or do they show
major building steps?
However, that same model does have an extremely clever subassembly that uses one
motor to do two things at once: pump an air compressor and flip a pneumatic
valve (it is used to raise and lower the pen). I have used that same subassembly
in another robot because it's so very useful.

I'm sure I've seen something like that on the internet, somwhere on
brickshelf or on a fan page. It looked quite nteresting, but I can't
seem to find it now.
The only other model I remember from that set is the wall-climbing robot, but I
don't have the proper kind of "wall" to have made building it worth the effort.

Would that be anything like the wall climbing robot you can see in the
RIS introductory video.
That one has 2 RCXs, but it might be a simplified version....