 Robotics / 25627
Re: turtle coding kit (Re: How would we (the rest of us) communicate ideas to the MDP?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:42:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tim Rueger wrote:
Having given this a bit more thought, the code
would be almost the same.  Even though the
encoders are built-in, there's no guarantee that
the motors themselves are matched.  You would
still need control loops to ensure that the
motors rotate at the same average rate to travel
a straight line.  At any rate...

Tim,

Just so you know, the people working on the NXT are aware of the problems people
often have when trying to make a robot go straight, and they have addressed it.

Some day, I'll show you the NXT program to accomplish that challenge.  It will
consist of about two blocks inside a loop.

Mike said:
The other thing I wanted to see somebody do (if it's not done
already) is to use the bluetooth to allow a robot to communicate to you via a
text messaging window on your PC.  The robot could tell you when he's "lost",
when his batteries are low, or even just a random "hello" now and then.

cool idea.

Steve