 Robotics / 25614
Re: How would we (the rest of us) communicate ideas to the MDP?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:41:12 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mike Walters wrote:
But, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to at least share my ideas.  I
imagine that everybody who is on the MDP will have plenty of their own ideas,
but if we (the rest of us) had a place to just post suggestions and ideas, isn't
it possible that it could lead to something good?

I don't think even the people on the MDP will have much input along the lines of
what you're thinking - with only a few months before release, I imagine the role
of the MDP people will be that of beta-testers - bang on it and report software
bugs and other things that arent working, build models and find things that are
difficult or confusing or unreliable, get a head start on writing the books and
reviews and websites so that when it hits the shelves, there is already info and
buzz, etc, but I'm not sure there would be much scope for making suggestions,
I'm guessing most of the system would be largely nailed down by now.