 Robotics / 25625
Re: turtle coding kit (Re: How would we (the rest of us) communicate ideas to the MDP?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:50:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tim Rueger wrote:

With such a code module included in NXT, this
would put just about all FLL teams using it
on even footing for navigation.  (Credit Evan
Ryker, a member of my recent FLL team, for the
sending me this excellent link.  Apologies if
it's been seen before here.)

I would really like to see code that uses the microphone to detect sounds of
other lego motors in the area.  Possibly even two microphones to try to estimate
the direction the sound is coming from.  Would be cool for Sumo competitions.
Although, detecting noise in air isn't as easy as sonar and even though the new
processor is faster, I don't know if it is quite fast enough to do this.

----
Matthew Ruschmann
http://matthew.ruschmann.net