 Robotics / 22615
challenge: LEGO copier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:01:32 GMT

Here's an idea I am certainly not equipped to attempt, but I bet
somebody is...

The user builds some model (constraints: it must be composed of a 1x1,
1x2, and 1x4 bricks in a selection of several colors, and must be flat,
i.e. two-dimensional, and fit within a certain width and height).  User
then places this model into the LEGO robot, which churns away, and then
spits out the original model plus an exact duplicate of it.

I believe this is possible, given the constraints.  It sure would make a
great demo at a brick show, too.  Somebody please do it so this idea
doesn't haunt me for years!

Best,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |