 Robotics / 22318
Re: LejWay (Re: Legway with Standard Lego Light Sensors)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:27:31 GMT

Hi Philippe,

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> writes:

I just tried LejWay, it works fine!

nice to hear, for me it didn't work any more when it was darker.
I would like to have some automatic calibration of the parameters
to be more robust w.r.t. conditions, but I guess that is difficult.

The behaviour is somewhat different from BrickOS version,
less shaky but it falls if tilt angle is too high. I think
max power can't be reached on the motors, so it can't
recover if leaning too much (or stand up by itself).

Yes, probably one could be more clever with the timing,
like keeping the motors running during the computation if needed.
To have something easy and uniform I assumed that the computation
takess less than 2ms, during which the motors are always off.

I see that you have added a decay factor on integral term. Did you get better
stability with it, or did you introduced it to avoid overflow?

This helps to recover after it has fallen, otherwise the integral
goes too far off and I have to stop and restart the program.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/