 Technic / 12198
Re: LEGO Computers & Logic Gates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:27:19 GMT

I've tried to do it mechanically.  So far I've made NOT, AND, NAND, OR,
NOR, a basic NAND latch (flip-flop) and a clocked NAND latch.

That is some very interesting work. It reminds me of the discrete component
machines I have worked on. As Steve mentions, you will need a lot of
amplification to drive it. I think a Full adder or Half Adder Subtracter
could be reasonably operated. Good work on your part!

Discrete component machine - now they sound interesting. Is there a good
overview of such things on the web anywhere?

Amplification seems to be the common comment.  I'll have to try and find my
thinking cap again ;-)

Cheers,

Martin.