 Robotics / 22283
Re: Some brainstorming needed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:08:50 GMT

MiB /Marcel I. Bos wrote:
Marcel @ Sweden

you need a glue pistol and so modified that the material it puts out
can be turned of and on under extream heat. There is a coffie
machine look alike that uses abs plastic.. At the moment i do not
remember the machines name.. But its intresting to see.

I was just thinking of that exact thing!

Maybe with a finer nozzle and some kind of control valve to shut it
off, I could have it draw a 'raster scan' of parallel lines of glue
just close enough to each other to form a solid sheet.

It would take a lot of glue sticks to build anything big!

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net