 Robotics / 21254
Re: RIS 3.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 05:35:57 GMT

I think gear blocks like that would be awesome.  So long as they still
follow standard lego units, they probably convey a lot of advantages over
the standard gears.  They can probably handle a boatload more torque, great
for robots, especially arms, etc.  I don't think they'll replace the
standard gears, but they certainly could add functionality beyond what
standard gears alone have.

now, if only they'd make helical gears to quiet things down and eliminate
backlash.... :-)

Dan

"Legoguy" <legoguy@idwt.net> wrote in message news:HK03y2.1CFK@lugnet.com...
Now that is freaking awesome - but do they supply the same amount of
torque as the 'standard' ones do? Also, that gearbox 2, looks nice and
all, might come in handy, but I prefer having more control over my
placment of gears.
I think it would be best that LEGO make the motors that come with RIS
x.x clear-cased and maybe get rid of that annoying little hump on the
bottom of the thing (I know it's for the motor and gearing but I think
that whatever kind of engineer they got working on the motors could
figure out how to get rid of it)
Also a clear touch senor, temperature sensor, rotation sensor, RCX
housing, and (with black around the phototransistor) clear light sensor
would all be kick.....brick :)
Come to think of it EVERYTHING would look great clear, but clear+black
would look best :D

-AK

--
My website: http://legographics.idwt.net/