 Robotics / 21255
Re: My students' creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:53:09 GMT

   So, the students used one of the chassis from the MINDSTORMS book and just added to it using parts I gave them from my own collection. The thing on top of the RCX controls the claw -- it’s also borrowed from the MINDSTORMS Ultimate Builders Set. It uses one motor to both pump air and switch the pneumatic valve. It’s a clever device that saved them a lot of time since they had the instructions to build it.

It’s nice to see a mobile robot with a pneumatic claw. I´ve been working on the idea for some time by now. I came up with a compact version of the UBS compressor with valve that could be very suitable for these kind of applications. I´ve just uploaded the building instructions to Brickshelf. Compact compressor with valve I would be glad to see my module included in other people creations. Tell me if you find it useful. Keep the good work.

Gruesse,

cybernesto