 Robotics / 21172
Re: RIS 3.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:25:49 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Henrik Johansson wrote:
Dear LEGO,

I was just woundering how the work on RIS 3.0 is coming along? About two years
ago you told us that is was in the works (acording to this post
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=16119). So, what has happend during these two
years? Is the project nearing completision? Or is it, god forbid, canceled?

Any information would be greatly apriciated.

Best regards,
Henrik

When the new RIS will arrive ?
Hey LEGO we want "more professional"parts:

- servo-motors...

- solenoid-valve..

- gyroscopic-sensor..

- ultrasonic-sensor

- sound-sensor

- The RIS 1.0 contains a main adaptator pin, what a shame it does not exist
anymore...(battery are expensive.....)

-of couse RF remote should be a good thing

-an HF cam should be a good thing too

-one LEGO weakpoint is friction, why do not add ball bearings

- I think adding metallic part can be a cool thing , (hey look I' ve made a
child scooter !)

- board adjunction to RIS could open the way to neuronal net.

LEGO is a perfect tool to learn technologies it should be sad to do not develop

more professional uses. Lot of adult (big children) would pay for a such system
and I should be the first to buy it .

Chris.