 Robotics / 21225
Re: RIS 3.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:14:13 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com wrote:
John Barnes wrote:

I had a random thought regarding the new RIS 3.0.

3.0!  3.0!!!

I just spent $200 buying 2.0, and you're telling me there's a 3.0???
Where's that receipt!?!!

Seriously, though:  I just bought, Tuesday, a RIS 2.0 set, my first RIS
set.  Is the 3.0 currently available?  If not, when will it be available?
And should I wait and get it instead?

No - there is no "3.0".  There was talk of it some time ago - but I think
we've seen the last of decent Lego robotics sets. I'd very much like to be
proved wrong though.

I was rather suprised to see that in the latest Pitsco Dacta catalog,
there is hardly any space dedicated to Lego robotics - that space now
being taken up by Tamiya and a bunch of no-name kits that can only be
built one way and can only do one thing.

Pitsco were the last place to buy a bunch of useful Lego parts.

Could this be the death of RIS - even at exhorbitant prices for
the educational market?

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net