 Robotics / 18052
RE: Request for designs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:17:19 GMT

FYI, the Ferrari brothers' book masterfully covers all of the topics you
list, and in a coherent sequence as well (IMHO). Dave Baum covers a subset
of them with more emphasis on programming in his book.

No NQC in FLL? Ack!

--Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com
[mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Dean Hystad
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 7:04 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Request for designs

I am writing up some coaches training materials for First
LEGO League (FLL)
in Minneapolis MN and I need some help with examples of various robot
designs.  I plan on covering:

Platforms:
Differential Drive (2 drive wheels, 1 or more casters)
Differential Skid (tracks or wheels)
Steered wheels (front wheel and four wheel steering)
Tricycle drive
Articulated steering
Other?

Navigation:
Dead reckoning
Landmark
Line following
Triangulation
Other?

There is no pay, unless you count fame.

Thanks for any help,

Dean Hystad
dean.hystad@mts.com

P.S.  I will soon be working on a programming class also for
the same group.
Any suggestions on curriculum would be appreciated. FLL
allows using RCX
code and Robolab only.